Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Someone's been slacking!

That would be me! I'm sorry I've let two weeks go by since I last posted. It's been a crazy two weeks, if that's a worthy excuse? Paul and I flew to New York the weekend after I got back from the NY Bachelorette Party! Pretty crazy right? That's what I was thinking too. BUT! It was Paul's birthday on April 6th and he and I have wanted to go to New York just us two for so long. So I thought it would be so fun to surprise him with a trip out there for his birthday. We had such a great time! We got to see a NY Knicks basketball game (FYI Madison Square Gardens smells like bums and pee. Sorry Knicks fans. It's no Staples Center!), we had dinner at a yummy Cuban restaurant out there - Victor's Cafe (hello food coma!), we had appetizers and drinks at Grand Central Station (well I had a Roy Rogers lol...Paul had a real drink), we people watched in Central Park, we ate from the famous street vendor on 53rd & 6th, we had Ray's Pizza (OMG so delish!!) and we perused the New York Public Library! What a great weekend! It really was so nice to just get away for a few days just the two of us before the craziness of parenthood gets here. I'm so happy we were able to do this! And Happy Birthday again to my most favorite person on this whole planet! My Lovey Loo Loo! =)

On to baby news! Things continue to go great! I think I'm finally past the bloated, "too many bagels" belly and on to a real pregnancy belly now! YAY! It's not huge or anything, but it's slowly poofing away. People actually have asked me if I'm pregnant, so I assume that means I don't look like I just overindulged in donuts or something. I definitely don't fit into any of my regular clothes and have slowly started to build a collection of maternity clothes. Though maternity clothes isn't the most stylish of digs, the comfort they bring is way worth it! I can finally breath! AND I can finally just walk around without having to pull up my completely unzipped pants! Phew!

I have another doctor's appointment this coming Monday. Nothing out of the norm, just the regular check up. I don't expect anything spectacular to happen. Though I do expect my doctor to tell me to lay off the bagels. lol! I have actually gotten cravings (if you can call them that) for carrots and salads. I've always been a fan of salads, but I could probably eat them daily right now. And carrots came out of left field. But they are yummy, so I won't complain.

Our little baby is the size of a Lemon now. Though today is the last day of that. Tomorrow we move on to Naval Orange. I love oranges! I can't believe how quickly this has all been coming along. It feels like just yesterday there were peed on pregnancy tests all over the house. And here we are almost at Orange stage! Wowza!

I've been feeling a lot better lately as far as the morning sickness goes. Thank you baby Jesus!! Though I have been on an emotional roller coaster. Most days its funny, silly, crying at commercials type things. Yesterday it was "junior high, hold my gold hoops" rage style. Fun times! It left me with quite the migraine last night. But I will say, the receiver of my rage deserved it 10 fold. =) We'll just leave it at that mmm-k!

Anyway, everything is going well so far. Things are progressing like they should, and we continue to get closer and closer to seeing our beautiful little baby. OH! May 21st....mark your calendars. That's the day we find out what we're having!! I can't wait! Only 5 more weeks to go.

I'll try my best to update soon again. And hopefully Paul will update soon too. His are always the funnest entries anyway. And I'll try my best not to roundhouse kick anyone for the next 5 months. AND maybe soon if we quit being so forgetful, we'll post a belly shot.

In the meantime, thanks for following our blog!


Love,



Paul, Sandy & Little Lemon


1 comment:

  1. have i told you that I L O V E your blog....it's so sweet and fun :) and i look forward to reading them yaaay!! And yes i can agree that "the receiver of your rage deserved it 10 fold. =)" LOL
    Gimmens

    ReplyDelete