Monday, June 8, 2009

Remember to eat healthy!!

Yes, yes I know. This is my dad's daily adage and it finally hit me this weekend that I'm pretty sure he thinks I look fat. Though, he is kind enough to know that telling a pregnant chick that she's fat = instantaneous death to the sayer of these words at the hands of said pregnant chick. While I'm not eating only chicken and broccoli on a daily basis, I also don't think I'm doing too bad in the weight department either. Well, minus the one day at my cousin's house that shall go down in infamy. Let's just say there was a deep fryer involved and I was definitely tied to a chair and force fed deep fried oreos, taquitos and empanadas. FORCE FED! Oh and my drunk husband was definitely involved in creating the hysteria. Damn Laker game. I will say I took one for the team though, because our beloved Lakers are where they should be right now. All because of my torturous bout with the fryer!

Nevertheless, I apparently am noticeably fat. And I'm not writing this out to garner sympathy from the 4 readers of our blog. There's no "you are NOT fat Sandy! you're beautiful!" necessary, PLEASE! I'm aware from the outside looking in, pregnancy is beautiful. Skinny or fat, a pregnant women is a work of art (gag!). But from the inside looking out, it's kinda reallllly hard to see the beauty in this Monet. From the pregnant's perspective it's kind of like Monet took Opium + Absynth + Crack Cocaine + drank a 40 of Jager and attempted to copy the Mona Lisa "a'la Monet style." Kinda looks like a bad hangover that almost resulted in an overdose. No matter how far back you stand, you can't see the beauty in it.

Having said that, feeling-down-on-herself pregnant chick can absolutely see the beauty in what's going on inside her. I mean, I can see the beauty in what's going on inside me. =) I really can, and because of the amazing experience of feeling our baby moving around inside me every single day, I'll take the gross outer appearance feeling any day of the week. And I'll take the jabs from people too. I may not be Halle Berry, only gaining 5 pounds my entire pregnancy, wearing non maternity True Religion jeans until I'm 9 months pregnant, but I still am equally as cool as her in that I'm creating a real human. So while the container may not be as attractive, the end product is truly the most beautiful thing life has to offer, and I'm fully aware of it and feel incredibly blessed to be able to go through this experience.

Besides, I know I can run better than most (well except Monica apparently!) So once Blank is out of incubation, I'll run til my hips fall off and look like Jillian Michaels before you know it. And/or I know how to properly (and healthily) starve myself to at least look like a normal person. Either A or B will apply! But come wedding season starting in April, I'll be a MILF (excuse my language lol!) for sure! My wonderful Paul suggested I buy a killer "goal" dress and hang it around the house somewhere to keep me motivated. I just may do that. I love goals. Almost as much as I love killer dresses!

AND! I'm allowed one "swollen" pregnancy. Next time, I'll be Halle. Or something. So yes, I will eat cotton candy when I go to Los Doyer games, and yes, I will bake brownies every 3 months, and yes I will eat lots of cheese. Cuz I heart cheese and its gooey wonderfulness! The skinnies can take the hit with their boring meals of baked fish and cauliflower. Next time I'll join you in your misery. This time I'll do my best to eat right, but I won't deny myself the luxury of some pudding here and there.
For those keeping track, by the way, we are finally at the point of monthly fruits and vegetables. So until the end of the 24th week, we're at Papaya! Can I tell you how much I loathe the smell of Papayas? I really do! They smell awful and I don't know how people eat them! But they are big, so I'll take the comparison to show us where Blank is at right now. Oh, also, this week we turn 23 weeks. So thankfully, Papaya only has about 2 weeks left to play.

Well that was my blog for the day. A little bit of 'woe is me' mixed with a lot a bit of 'this is amazing!!' We've continued to feel great and we're continuing to trek on as we get closer and closer to actually meeting beautiful baby Blank!

Thanks again for reading so far. I'll update soon again.


Love,





Paul, Sandy & Papaya






1 comment:

  1. Pictures!!!!! You keep saying you will but I've seen zero. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete