Friday, March 13, 2009

Double Digits!

Well, we've made it to the double digits! I'm 10 weeks along now...yay! And for those of you interested in the fruit progression of this pregnancy, this now puts us at prune size. I have no idea why they chose prune to represent this week...I'm sure there's a zillion other fruits or veggies they could have chosen. Prunes kind of make me want to gag. Even without MNN sickness. (that's morning/noon/night sickness. I've taken it upon myself to rename it. Because I can.) But! Seeing as this means our little one has continued to grow, prune it is!

This week I've felt tremendous pressure to pick names for our little prune. We bought a baby name book that carries over 100,000 name choices! It hasn't done me any good. We have a few really great names for boys picked out, but nothing really that is sticking for a girl. And while I know being only 2.5 months along really doesn't constitute a time restraint, for some reason I just feel like we HAVE to choose something. Weird, yes I know. The problem is that I've always been so confident about a few particular names that I was hoping we could name our girl if we ever had one. Well when it comes down to it, we're actually growing a child...and this child will actually carry whatever name we give it...and that's a little scary! It's not like naming a car (although I do a phenomenal job at that, in case you're interested!) It's the name that this little human being will carry for his or her entire life! What if they hate their name? What if they sit there at age 30 and curse us for giving them such a boring, ordinary, common name? It's too much pressure for a hormonal, teary-eyed, nauseous person. Hahaha!

In all honesty though, my biggest concern is not giving our child too common of a name. I know our last name is fairly unique, and that will help tremendously. But I'd hate for our child to be the 5th, say, "Jessica" in her classroom. So forever and a day she'd be known as Jessica L. Also, coming from someone who recently has had to deal with a ton of identity issues because of my very, very common name (my maiden name really), I just don't want our child to have to deal with that. It's not fun and it makes you hate cities like Downey - and all it's residents. So, first and foremost our beautiful baby WILL have a middle name. And second and secondmost we'll attempt as best as we can to not give that poor kid a top 10 name. And if we do, I'm throwing a silent K in there somewhere. Avak sounds nice right? SILENT K SILENT K! =)

All kidding aside, that's my biggest worry of the week. If that's the biggest worry I have, then really I have zero complaints. I'll take that kind of worry anytime. OH! And my second biggest worry is planning my Roomie's (Alicia's) Bachelorette party. But I think I have made huge strides and it's almost all set! EEE! Can't wait!

And finally...just wanted to let you all know that yes, the rumors about hormone induced craziness are really true. While sitting at the doctor's office yesterday, I was watching the weather report on the big television they had on for all the patients. Smack dab in the middle of said weather report, I started crying. Why you ask? Well because it was going to be sunny on the west coast. That's it. Sunny weather. No other explanation besides sun. I can't even explain why that was so excitingly wonderful for me. It was just going to be sunny in Portland, San Francisco, AND Los Angeles and that was just SOOOO incredible! The little old lady next to me must have thought I was there to receive a death sentence or something. She looked so concerned. And seeing as I'm not even showing, the whole "I'm pregnant" thing doesn't really help her relate. So I just sat and wept on my own, happy as a clam for all those people in Portland.

That's all from me for now. Paul says he's going to post soon, so stay tuned for that! Have a great weekend everyone!

Love,

Paul, Sandy & The Prune








OH! And P.S. I always have P.S.'s! I'm going to try to post this video here on the blog because I think it's hilarious! I swear to you someone hid in our house, and video taped our mornings and then drew a little animated cartoon about it and here's the outcome:

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo, I'll take a breather from the baby name obsession. As long as we don't get a Catalina, I'm golden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say Cacalia is the clear winner...but hey I also liked the name Waene which means one who builds wagons....

    ReplyDelete