Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How lucky am I?

Wasn't that just the most beautiful post you've ever read down there? (I'm talking about Poppa Paul's post to our little lime!) I don't know how it is that I got so lucky, but I really do have myself an incredible husband and future Dad. My 'baby daddy' as I lovingly referred to him this morning. =) But he really is more than that and I just want everyone to know that I am blessed that I get to share this experience with such a wonderful person. Paul really is the ying to my yang and with every day that passes, I feel like we really are going to be able to pull this whole parenthood thing off! Our child is in for a really fun ride...lucky little lime!!

A little update on things for everyone that's interested: We physically heard the heartbeat yesterday! WOAH. Is all I can say. What an amazing thing! I woke up yesterday morning trying to stifle the excitement...you know, just in case. I promised myself that if all went well after this appointment, I was just going to enjoy the ride knowing that everything was progressing nicely...and no more preparing for the worst. So I met up with Paul at the doctor's office and we sat there and waited for what seemed like forever! Didn't my doctor know that I just wanted to hear the heartbeat and then skip through life happily? Did she REALLY have to deliver a baby at that very moment? =) Apparently she did. So an hour after our appointment time, they finally called us in.

Our doctor is really cool. She's calm, cool and collected and just helps to bring a peaceful feeling to all our appointments. I spewed off my list of silly questions, she answered them all perfectly and then it was time to listen for that little swooshing heart! It took a few seconds for her to find it but sure enough, there it was!! Swooshing away like it was supposed to! We heard it for only a few seconds and then it went away. Our doctor said that the little guys are usually jumping around all inside there, getting used to their new found muscle ability so you can only hear it for a few seconds at a time at this point in pregnancy. She found it a few more times and both Paul and I felt an overwhelming relief. And then it hit me: OMG I'M PREGNANT! And there's a BABY inside of me! WOAH!!! How exciting! It finally felt really real. I can finally rub my belly and feel like I'm soothing a baby instead of my intestines! Although it's still all bloat and smooshiness, at least down below all that cushion there's a little guy swimming around!

So that's where we are...LIME size, hearts beating like they're supposed to, and incredible husband/dad to be writing beautiful posts! What an exciting week!

Tomorrow we're officially at 12 weeks and we move on to a Plum. But I just had to get in this blog post to make sure we chronicled the week of the Lime. It was one of the most exciting weeks so far, so just had to get it in there.

'Til we post again! Hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Paul + Sandy + Lime


4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for pictures of this kid! It's not gonna know what hit it once it enters the world and is bombarded my friends/family/love. Another thing I can't wait for - finding out the sex because, let's be frank, I'm kinda creeped out referring to the baby as 'it'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGGGGG

    i cant believe its a lime!!! its already growing up too fast! MEH and i love plums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone told me to get an audio recording of the heartbeat, and I never did. Try to on your next appointments if you can, it truly is a wonderful sound! I also told Tony to tell you to try french bread and butter for your nausea but he may not have told you that on account of it being french.
    I am so happy for you and can't wait until the baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting & trippy! You have a human inside of you! Nuts! Sooo happy. Luv the blogs!

    ReplyDelete